After a long and quite trying week, the hubs and I were definitely looking forward to a nice and relaxing weekend. Sadly, for him, he still had to work on Saturday, taking his kids to a contest in the morning and not coming home until the early evening. Luckily, we did get some time together in before meeting up with the M3 guys and gals for a very nice dinner out. It always feels good to be social considering how busy we are during most weeks that by the time the weekend rolls around we don’t have much time for anything.
So for a lazy Sunday I thought a nice way to end the weekend would be to bake some of our favorite cookies. I can’t remember how many different chocolate chip cookie recipes I tried before modifying one that I found on a website I sadly don’t remember the name of. So I hope you had a great weekend full of cat naps and sweet treats. Plus I hope this week is kinder to the two of us.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 sticks unsalted butter (1 cup)
2 1/4 cups bread flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg yolk
2 Tblspn milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
2. Melt butter in a saucepan (or microwave) over low heat.
3. Sift flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.
4. Pour melted butter into mixer’s bowl, add sugars and cream on medium speed. Slowly add egg, egg yolk, milk and vanilla until well incorporated.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Refrigerate for 15 minutes prior to baking. Scoop onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes. Turn pan half way through (about 6 minutes) to ensure even browning.