So most weekends are spent doing chores, catching up on sleep and baking. Well, the last one doesn’t happen as often as my husband may like but he asked for chocolate chip muffins for breakfast and I complied.
I am one to surf the net for the perfect recipe and for this was one of the gems that I found.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 light brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup of butter (melted and cooled)
2 eggs (slightly beaten)
1 tsp vanilla
11.5 oz chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line muffin pan with muffin cups.
2. In a large bowl combine all dry indredients and whisk together. Set aside.
3. In another bowl combine remaining ingredients. Add to dry indredients and combine well.
4. Fold in chocolate chips. Spoon batter into cups until 2/3s full.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes. (mine are typically ready in about 16 minutes.)
6. Cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!